Saturday, March 3, 2012

Goldfish and the doctors office

Orange and Wipes (whites), my son's goldfish, have been at the doctors office for over a year now.  I never mustered up the courage to explain their floating deaths to him when they occurred. The little guy wears his feelings on his sleeve, an adorable trait that he received from his momma. So upon their floating demise, Orange and Wipes had an extended stay at the doctor's office.

Today while my son was on an outing with my sister and mom, I was speaking with my sister on the phone. They passed a pet store and I heard my son in the background declare that his fish were dead!  I was flabbergasted!!

I immediately asked my sister to ask him who told him that? I heard him say, "I told myself. They've been at the doctors for a long time and haven't come home so they're dead." Oh geesh, what have I done.  I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time.  We haven't talked about those goldfish for quite some time. The absence of the fish tank, I'm sure, has lent to the lack of conversation about them.

So in remembrance of Orange and Wipes he has now requested a Nemo fish. O_o  That salt water tank better come with a maintenance man because I'm sure Nemo will be visiting Orange and Wipes' doctor sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment