Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Disclaimer

I apologize in advance, if by the off chance
my words offend, relate, or speak directly to you
through you or even perfectly describe you
at a time when they weren't necessarily meant for you.

I only aim to express myself through a written art
paint a picture, though my brush strokes may be key strokes
and the picture is mental instead of hanging on your wall
hope it hangs around in your mind, at least for a little while

I may be random or quite specific, stand tall on my soapbox
or be a little indifferent
though I may express my opinion, in sequence or even out of order
I always hope to make sense with honesty and no pretense

So my disclaimer is a no-brainer, read at your own risk
just don't miss the point, leave an opinion if it moves you
share if you choose to,
but never take it personally, even if you know it is about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment