Thursday, August 25, 2011

Banging on the door!

The other day, I'm knocking on my mother's door to drop off my 4 yr old, or should I say 80 yr old in a midget body.  I'm banging on her door like the police because apparently normal knocking does not warrant an answer.  Of course she doesn't hear me. Two reasons why I'm banging longer than 30 seconds, she's still asleep or she's in the bathroom. I continue to bang on the door, my fist is turning red.

The super panicky, always thinking the worse self shows up and I call the house phone, all the while visualizing myself kicking down the door to get in cause of course something is wrong.  I get so engulfed in my banging and crazy thoughts that I'm unaware of the 80yr old 4yr old. He's standing next to me with his head cocked to the side and says, only the way he can, "Really mommy?" His big eyes are staring at me through his bifocals and I want to say to him, "Really!?!, did you just say Really?", like as in stop banging on the door like a lunatic. But I didn't, cause clearly that is why he said it.

No comments:

Post a Comment